Thursday, November 20, 2008

Almost done?

The older child is now four and a half years old, and given to talking about breastfeeding and about the fact that her mouth no longer does it properly. She hasn't had a feed for weeks.

The younger child is now two and a quarter years old and still feeds morning, noon and night - in general, she has a feed first thing in the morning, just before her nap, last thing at night, and in the middle of the night; other feeds during the day are directly related to physical or emotional discomfort.

Three weeks ago I went away from her for over 24 hours. Within 12 hours I was engorged; by 18 hours I was in pain; after 22 hours I was hand-expressing in public toilets to reduce swelling. It took a few days for the bruised feeling to go away.

Today a visiting toddler fell down our stairs and my own toddler said "Beebee sad! Beebee hurt! Milk!"

She also sometimes says "Da goo," which means thank you. So that's nice.

No comments: